Threats to an organization are not necessarily because of the external factors only; the real danger can originate within the organization only- the employees may be! The random mouse clicks could be the only distance between the malicious damage costing your business a fortune. Employees can harm the company by visiting infected websites, replying to phishing emails, using business emails through public WI-FI or as simple as having the same passwords to all business assets and personal accounts. Cybersecurity needs to be addressed as it can affect the company several times a year.
'Prevention is better than cure' therefore rather recovering from the damage; enterprises must focus on investing more to prevent cyber attacks. These attacks are directed towards obtaining certain specific data regarding an organization's finances, employee's data, username and passwords of highly confidential data.
Cybersecurity training is crucial for all the businesses to help the organizations to develop a deeper understanding of how cyber attacks can affect their business and what measures can be taken to avoid them.
• The primary targets of cybercriminals should be understood
• Employees should be aware of their role as an individual
• Training should be provided to all the employees from higher to lower management
By following this, an organization can be benefitted from cyber attacks as the training will emphasize more on prevention, detection reporting, and learning from mistakes. Below mentioned are few types and styles of cybersecurity awareness training:
1. Classroom Training: Instructors will train the employees which will lead to greater engagement of individuals in asking questions and raising concerns.
2. Online Training: Herein employees can witness a more comfortable and fastest means of information dissemination.
3. Visual Aids: Constantly reminding employees about the security can be done interactively through visuals as it is an effective medium. It will help in guiding the employees regarding the possible threats that can be detected and prevented.
4. Phishing Campaigns: Such campaigns consists of either a single phishing test or multiple tests to check the awareness of their employees and will give them an opportunity to detect attacks, report and also learn from them.
Employees can be a liability or an asset for any organization depending upon the kind of tools they are being offered with and also the awareness that is being provided.
Check out: Semiconductor Review
See Also: CIO Review Magazine